And for those of you that are local you can find my yarn, fiber and bags at The Yarn Barn of San Antonio. And for those of you who don't know, my good friend Enid purchased the Yarn Barn back in the fall. If you haven't been in, you should go by and check it out. She'd love to see you!
And now, ofr your concrete proof that I am lying about my age getting older, this little diva is about to turn 4.
And since she has a list a mile long of things she can do now that's she's "big", I do to. I've put her to work.
Well, I don't know if you could call what she does "work". Although she does look cute in that oversized chair.
I've even been knitting if you can believe that!
This is the Honey Cowl by Madeline Tosh knit in my new DK yarn base White Tail. It's wonderfully soft and smooshy (have I ever told you I'm a big fan of cashmere? No? Well I am.)
I'll start by saying that it's been a whirlwind the last couple of weeks. Molly turned 3, I took (and subsequently failed by 1 question) a certification exam for Safety Professionals and surprisingly there was actually a lot of knitting and sewing that has been going on, but I won't go into all of that today.
So last night Molly looks at me and says "Do you want to hear a joke?"
Molly: There's a lion and an elephant. The Lion asks the Elephant if he wants to go upstairs and play. The Elephant says "No, I'm an Elephant".
Me: That's pretty good baby
Molly: Do you want to hear another joke?
Molly: There's a lion, a leaf and a giraffe. The Lion asks if he wants to go play upstairs. The Leaf says, "No, I'm a leaf". The Lion says "I was talking to the Giraffe".
Me: Molly, do you want to go play upstairs?
Now for your obligatory Spiderman birthday picture:
1. I have never used Socks that Rock. I have no idea if they really rock or not.
2. I don't particuarly like Wollmeise.
3. I have never flashed my stash.
4. 75% of my stash is sock yarn and I haven't knitted a sock in years.
5. I finished the flower pillow. 17 short days into 2012 and I have completed a project in 2012. And not just finished, but started AND finished the same project, in the same year. You know, just in case that needed clarification.
6. I am knitting a project with my handspun yarn. I've only used my handspun once before and I frogged it. Did I mention I've been spinning for 5 years? I think I'm way overdue knitting my own handspun yarn.
7. My yarn collection is only rivaled by the bags I own to carry it all around in.